Monday, February 15, 2010

2010 Cruise, Day One -- 02.14.2010

Joanie and Josh headed off to California with Grandma for a very special vacation of their own.  Here are a few shots of the kiddos at the airport, anxiously awaiting the "Big Airplane." 

 
  
  


Scott and I arrived safely in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Our room is situated right next to the cruise pier where our ship will dock.  We're anxiously awaiting its arrival.  In the mean time, here are a couple of photos of the pier and adjacent marina as they were when we arrived. 

 


We very much enjoyed our Valentine's Day dinner at 30-30, the ocean view restaurant at the Mariott hotel.
Dinner wouldn't be complete without a long-stem rose, right?  Awwww.
 
  
  
To Shelly, and my other photography-nerd friends (you know who you are...you know I adore you), these pics were taken using very, VERY little available light.  It was d.a.r.k. in there.  I was pleased as punch to get a few fairly clear photos.  

2 comments:

  1. Have fun and stop taking time to blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! The photos are great! I love that you're blogging on your trip because I'm sure you won't remember every little detail from every single day if you wait till you get home. And I'm insanely jealous and love reading your entries and living vicariously through you. ;-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete